80 FR 61 pgs. 17061-17062 - Agency Information Collection Activities: Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, Forms I-864; I-864A; I-864EZ; I-864W; Revision of a Currently Approved Collection
Type: NOTICEVolume: 80Number: 61Pages: 17061 - 17062Pages: 17061, 17062
Docket number: [OMB Control Number 1615-0075]
FR document: [FR Doc. 2015-06732 Filed 3-30-15; 8:45 am]
Agency: Homeland Security Department
Sub Agency: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Official PDF Version: PDF Version
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
[OMB Control Number 1615-0075]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, Forms I-864; I-864A; I-864EZ; I-864W; Revision of a Currently Approved Collection
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on January 27, 2015, at 80 FR 4297, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did receive 1 comment in connection with the 60-day notice.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until April 30, 2015. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, must be directed to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may also be submitted via fax at (202) 395-5806. All submissions received must include the agency name and the OMB Control Number 1615-0075.
You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make. For additional information please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal site at: http://www.regulations.gov and enter USCIS-2007-0029 in the search box. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, Laura Dawkins, Chief, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20529-2140, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check "My Case Status" online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Affidavit of Support under Section 213A of the Act.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the DHS sponsoring the collection: Forms I-864; I-864A; I-864EZ; I-864W; USCIS.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. These forms are used by family-based and certain employment-based immigrants to have the petitioning relative execute an Affidavit of Support on their behalf.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The estimated total number of respondents for the information collection Form I-864, 439,500 responses at 6 hours per response; Form I-864A, 215,800 responses at 1.75 hours per response; Form I-864EZ, 100,000 responses at 2.5 hours per response; Form I-864W, 1,000 responses at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual hour burden associated with this collection is 3,265,650 hours.
(7) An estimate of the total public burden (in cost) associated with the collection: The estimated cost burden for this collection is $132,177,500.
[top] Dated: March 18, 2015.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2015-06732 Filed 3-30-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P