84 FR 112 pgs. 27130-27131 - Quality Considerations for Continuous Manufacturing; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability; Reopening of Comment Period
Type: NOTICEVolume: 84Number: 112Pages: 27130 - 27131Pages: 27130, 27131
Docket number: [Docket No. FDA-2019-D-0298]
FR document: [FR Doc. 2019-12292 Filed 6-10-19; 8:45 am]
Agency: Health and Human Services Department
Sub Agency: Food and Drug Administration
Official PDF Version: PDF Version
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Food and Drug Administration
[Docket No. FDA-2019-D-0298]
Quality Considerations for Continuous Manufacturing; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability; Reopening of Comment Period
Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Notice of availability; reopening of comment period.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA or the Agency) is reopening the comment period for the notice entitled "Quality Considerations for Continuous Manufacturing; Draft Guidance for Industry; Availability" that appeared in the Federal Register of February 27, 2019. The Agency is taking this action to allow interested persons additional time to submit comments.
FDA is reopening the comment period for the notice published on February 27, 2019 (84 FR 6403). Submit either electronic or written comments on the draft guidance by August 12, 2019 to ensure that the Agency considers your comment on this draft guidance before it begins work on the final version of the guidance.
You may submit comments on any guidance at any time as follows:
Submit electronic comments in the following way:
• Federal eRulemaking Portal: https://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments. Comments submitted electronically, including attachments, to https://www.regulations.gov will be posted to the docket unchanged. Because your comment will be made public, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your comment does not include any confidential information that you or a third party may not wish to be posted, such as medical information, your or anyone else's Social Security number, or confidential business information, such as a manufacturing process. Please note that if you include your name, contact information, or other information that identifies you in the body of your comments, that information will be posted on https://www.regulations.gov.
• If you want to submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made available to the public, submit the comment as a written/paper submission and in the manner detailed (see "Written/Paper Submissions" and "Instructions").
Submit written/paper submissions as follows:
• Mail/Hand delivery/Courier (for written/paper submissions): Dockets Management Staff (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
• For written/paper comments submitted to the Dockets Management Staff, FDA will post your comment, as well as any attachments, except for information submitted, marked and identified, as confidential, if submitted as detailed in "Instructions."
Instructions: All submissions received must include the Docket No. FDA-2019-D-0298 for "Quality Considerations for Continuous Manufacturing." Received comments will be placed in the docket and, except for those submitted as "Confidential Submissions," publicly viewable at https://www.regulations.gov or at the Dockets Management Staff between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Confidential Submissions-To submit a comment with confidential information that you do not wish to be made publicly available, submit your comments only as a written/paper submission. You should submit two copies total. One copy will include the information you claim to be confidential with a heading or cover note that states "THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION." The Agency will review this copy, including the claimed confidential information, in its consideration of comments. The second copy, which will have the claimed confidential information redacted/blacked out, will be available for public viewing and posted on https://www.regulations.gov. Submit both copies to the Dockets Management Staff. If you do not wish your name and contact information to be made publicly available, you can provide this information on the cover sheet and not in the body of your comments and you must identify this information as "confidential." Any information marked as "confidential" will not be disclosed except in accordance with 21 CFR 10.20 and other applicable disclosure law. For more information about FDA's posting of comments to public dockets, see 80 FR 56469, September 18, 2015, or access the information at: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-09-18/pdf/2015-23389.pdf.
Docket: For access to the docket to read background documents or the electronic and written/paper comments received, go to https://www.regulations.gov and insert the docket number, found in brackets in the heading of this document, into the "Search" box and follow the prompts and/or go to the Dockets Management Staff, 5630 Fishers Lane, Rm. 1061, Rockville, MD 20852.
You may submit comments on any guidance at any time (see 21 CFR 10.115(g)(5)).
[top] Submit written requests for single copies of the draft guidance to the Division of Drug Information, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 10001 New Hampshire Ave., Hillandale Building, 4th Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20993- 0002. Send one self-addressed adhesive label to assist that office in processing your requests. See the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section for electronic access to the draft guidance document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Sau L. Lee, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 10903 New Hampshire Ave., Bldg. 22, Rm. 2130, Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002, 301-796-2905.
In the Federal Register of February 27, 2019, FDA published a notice with a 90-day comment period to request comments on the draft guidance for industry entitled "Quality Considerations for Continuous Manufacturing." FDA is reopening the comment period until August 12, 2019. The Agency believes that an additional 60 days will allow adequate time for interested persons to submit comments without compromising the timely publication of the final version of the guidance.
II. Electronic Access
Persons with access to the internet may obtain the draft guidance at either https://www.fda.gov/drugs/guidance-compliance-regulatory-information/guidances-drugs or https://www.regulations.gov.
Dated: June 6, 2019.
Lowell J. Schiller,
Principal Associate Commissioner for Policy.
[FR Doc. 2019-12292 Filed 6-10-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4164-01-P