84 FR 27 pg. 2928 - Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection: Annuity Broker Declaration Form
Type: NOTICEVolume: 84Number: 27Page: 2928Page: 2928
Docket number: [OMB Number 1105-0080]
FR document: [FR Doc. 2019-01621 Filed 2-7-19; 8:45 am]
Agency: Justice Department
Official PDF Version: PDF Version
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
[OMB Number 1105-0080]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection: Annuity Broker Declaration Form
30-Day notice of information collection under review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 30 days until March 11, 2019.
If you have questions concerning the collection, please contact James G. Touhey, Jr., Director, Torts Branch, Civil Division, U.S. Department of Justice, P.O. Box 888, Benjamin Franklin Station, Washington, DC 20044, Telephone: (202) 616-4400. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
-Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
-Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
-Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
-Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Annuity Broker Qualification Declaration Form.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. Abstract: This declaration is to be submitted annually to determine whether a broker meets the qualifications to be listed as an annuity broker pursuant to Section 111015(b) of Public Law 107-273.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 300 respondents will complete the form annually within approximately 1 hour.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual burden hours to complete the certification form is 300 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, Suite 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: February 5, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-01621 Filed 2-7-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-12-P