83 FR 233 pg. 62630 - Submission for Review: Rollover Election (RI 38-117), Rollover Information (RI 38-118), and Special Tax Notice Regarding Rollovers (RI 37-22), 3206-0212
Type: NOTICEVolume: 83Number: 233Page: 62630Page: 62630
FR document: [FR Doc. 2018-26262 Filed 12-3-18; 8:45 am]
Agency: Personnel Management Office
Official PDF Version: PDF Version
OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
Submission for Review: Rollover Election (RI 38-117), Rollover Information (RI 38-118), and Special Tax Notice Regarding Rollovers (RI 37-22), 3206-0212
Office of Personnel Management.
60-day notice and request for comments.
The Retirement Services, Office of Personnel Management (OPM) offers the general public and other Federal agencies the opportunity to comment on a revised information collection request (ICR), Rollover Election (RI 38-117), Rollover Information (RI 38-118), and Special Tax Notice Regarding Rollovers (RI 37-22).
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 4, 2019.
You may submit comments, identified by docket number and title, by the following method:
• Federal Rulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
All submissions received must include the agency name and docket number for this document. The general policy for comments and other submissions from members of the public is to make these submissions available for public viewing at http://www.regulations.gov as they are received without change, including any personal identifiers or contact information.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
A copy of this ICR with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by contacting the Retirement Services Publications Team, Office of Personnel Management, 1900 E Street NW, Room 3316-L, Washington, DC 20415, Attention: Cyrus S. Benson, or sent via electronic mail to Cyrus.Benson@opm.gov or faxed to (202) 606-0910.
As required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. chapter 35) as amended by the Clinger-Cohen Act (Pub. L. 104-106), OPM is soliciting comments for this collection (OMB No. 3206-0212). The Office of Management and Budget is particularly interested in comments that:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
RI 38-117, Rollover Election, is used to collect information from each payee affected by a change in the tax code so that OPM can make payment in accordance with the wishes of the payee. RI 38-118, Rollover Information, explains the election. RI 37-22, Special Tax Notice Regarding Rollovers, provides more detailed information.
Agency: Retirement Operations, Retirement Services, Office of Personnel Management.
Title: Rollover Election, Rollover Information, and Special Tax Notice Regarding Rollover.
OMB Number: 3206-0212.
Frequency: On occasion.
Affected Public: Individuals or Households.
Number of Respondents: 1,500.
Estimated Time per Respondent: 40 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 1,000.
Office of Personnel Management.
Regulatory Affairs Analyst.
[FR Doc. 2018-26262 Filed 12-3-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6325-38-P