82 FR 81 pgs. 19751-19752 - Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed eCollection eComments Requested; ATF Adjunct Instructor Data Form—ATF Form 6140.3
Type: NOTICEVolume: 82Number: 81Pages: 19751 - 19752Pages: 19751, 19752
Docket number: [OMB Number 1140-0099]
FR document: [FR Doc. 2017-08550 Filed 4-27-17; 8:45 am]
Agency: Justice Department
Sub Agency: Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Bureau
Official PDF Version: PDF Version
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
[OMB Number 1140-0099]
Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed eCollection eComments Requested; ATF Adjunct Instructor Data Form-ATF Form 6140.3
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register , on February 24, 2017, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until May 30, 2017.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any other additional information, please contact J. Wade Brashier, Professional/Technical Training & Development Branch, either by mail at 99 New York Avenue NE., Washington, DC 20226 or by email at email@example.com. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: ATF Adjunct Instructor Data Form.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department
4. sponsoring the collection:
5. Form number: ATF Form 6140.3.
6. Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
7. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
8. Primary: State, Local, or Tribal Government.
9. Other: None.
10. Abstract: The information collected on ATF F 6140.3 will provide ATF with sufficient data to uniquely identify individual instructors, validate instructor topical expertise prior to training, and defend an instructor's qualifications in court regarding topical expertise.
11. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 20 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
12. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: An estimated 20 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: April 24, 2017.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2017-08550 Filed 4-27-17; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P